Dr. Knaak was the vet who checked our outgoing adoptions. He has the reputation of being thorough compared to the other vets. He has a girl, Julie, from UIUC working under him this summer.
David Knaak DVM
6000 N Big Hollow Road
Peoria, IL 61615
(309) 691-7010
Today we had a slow start. Thomas has finished his hours, Amanda got a new job, and Dianne is on vacation now so we are trying to cover the positions. I cleaned AdoptPup by myself today.
Process for cleaning AdptPup:
- Move dogs to outdoor kennels
- Remove paper
- Spray down with water
- Spray down and scrub with quat. solution
- Rinse and squeegie
- Put new water in their bowls
- Put puppies back into kennels
- Quat, scrub and bleach outdoor kennels
Its easier to clean AdptPup without the dogs in your way and barking nonstop. It's also good to get the dogs out for fresh air as much as possible. Parallele to the URI is Kennel Cough that is easily spread through a crowded environment. I wanted to wait to bring the dogs in from outside, they looked so happy napping out there, but we had to finish up and move on to the rest of the chores.
Tomorrow I will try to find time to walk a dog. I haven't taken a dog out since Midget was euthanized. The two aren't related I think, I haven't taken a dog out recently because of my new schedule. I come in earlier so I don't see as much of the early afternoon lulls.
No comments:
Post a Comment