So I made a first attempt to trim the Guinea Pigs' nails. I've been bitten by a rat before and didn't like it. Since then I've had trust issues with small animals like that. I had a glove on hand that I would use if I saw that biting would be an issue but did not wear it today.
I held the guinea pigs in one hand with my palm on their stomach my thumb under one arm, the other arm split my fingers between the pointer and middle fingers. I left their back feet on the floor of their cage because they begin to struggle when they feel as though they're being picked up off the ground. I was able to trim 3 or 4 nails from the front paws of the white one, but wasn't able to pick up her brown and black friend who has the worst nails of the two.
I'll try again tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment