Monday, June 16, 2008

A Ho Hum Monday

We moved several puppies into PupAdopt and three are going to surgery tonight.

Yesterday I called my best friend from highschool who had guinea pigs growing up and asked her about the nails of the two that came in together last week. She told me that it is important to trim the guinie pigs' nails and that they can be in pain because the length of the nail prevents them from being able to stand on their toes by crumpling and crippling the toes over. I've observed this on the two guinea pigs. I've also noticed that if they step in poop it sticks and mats up on their long nails. In this way the nails are hindering the hygeine of the animal. So today after cleaning I went in search of cat nail clippers and selected the best out of the bunch. When I went back to the guinea pigs to work some magic they just hid in their igloo and shreddies. I gave up trying to get a hold of them and stashed the clippers. Tomorrow I'll attemt the trimming before I've reassembled their living quarters. They're much easier to catch in an empty cage.

The new rabbits are not using their litter boxes correctly, itstead they use the boxes as beds.

No comments: